Best New Cars & SUVs under $25,000 for 2022
Just because you’re trying to stretch your budget doesn’t mean that you have to make compromises on value, technology, safety, or efficiency when you begin to shop for your next new car or SUV. If you’re looking to spend $25,000 or less on your next vehicle, you’ll have a variety of excellent options to choose from. Basil Family Dealerships has assembled this helpful guide which lists our top picks for the best cars and SUVs for $25,000 or less, listed alphabetically for the sake of fairness.
NHTSA 5-Star Overall Safety Rating
Offering the versatility of an SUV with the compact footprint of a small sedan, the Buick Encore has remained a hit with drivers looking for an excellent value. Every Encore comes standard with a responsive yet efficient 1.4-liter turbocharged engine and you can also opt for the confidence of intelligent All-Wheel Drive with StabiliTrak. It’s easy to stay connected to your social circle while on the go thanks to its standard Buick Buick Infotainment System featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration. You’ll also enjoy a comprehensive collection of driver-assistive technologies included as standard on the Encore. These include a Rear Vision Camera, Side Blind Zone Alert, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, and OnStar® Emergency Services. In addition to room for up to 5 passengers, you can also lower the standard 60/40 split folding rear seat to create a cavernous 48.4 cubic feet of cargo space. Still not convinced that the Encore is right for you?
- Starting at $24,600 MSRP
- 1.4L DOHC turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with 155 horsepower and 148 lb-ft of torque and available All-Wheel Drive with StabiliTrak
- Buick® Infotainment System with 8-inch diagonal color touchscreen
- OnStar® and Buick® Connected Services capable
- Available Remote Start System
- 18-inch machined-face alloy wheels with Light Argent Metallic pockets
When shopping for a midsize sedan, it’s only natural that you’d focus your attention on a model with a proven reputation for quality, outstanding value, and a balance of style and tech found both inside and out. Fortunately, the Chevrolet Malibu is an exhibition of exactly what drivers crave from the ultimate midsize sedan. Choose the value-packed L or LS to receive a standard 1.5-liter turbocharged engine paired to a responsive CVT. Craving a little more excitement on your daily drive? Malibu RS models come equipped with dual exhaust outlets and exclusive exterior design enhancements. For the ultimate Malibu experience, Premier grades are powered by a potent 2.0-liter turbocharged DOHC 4-cylinder engine with 250 horsepower and a 9-speed automatic transmission with overdrive. Groundbreaking safety features available on the Malibu include Forward Collision Alert, Adaptive Cruise Control – Advanced, Intellibeam Headlights, and a standard Rear View Camera. With the Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system, you’ll have access to available Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility inside your Malibu.
- Starting at $23,400 MSRP
- Standard 1.5-liter turbocharged engine (163 horsepower) with CVR or available 2.0-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine (250 horsepower) with 9-speed automatic transmission
- Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system with 8-inch diagonal color touchscreen
- Available Bose premium 9-speaker audio system
- Optional Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Available leather-appointed seating surfaces with heated/ventilated front seats
Smart, stylish, and ready to help take your adventures to the next level — the dynamic Ford EcoSport remains the top choice for crossover shoppers looking for maximum value. To suit the needs of all types of drivers, the EcoSport is powered by a standard 2.0L Ti-VCT I-4 Engine with Auto Start-Stop Technology for maximum efficiency. Standard all-wheel drive allows the EcoSport to go where other models fear to tread. No matter where you’re headed, SYNC infotainment lets you bring along the power of your smartphone for the journey. Luxurious amenities available inside the cabin include leather-trimmed upholstery along with a power sunroof. Since even the best drivers can use a helping hand from time to time, the EcoSport comes standard with some of the most comprehensive driver-assist technologies in its class. Examples include Safety Canopy® System Side-Curtain Airbags, SOS Post-Crash Alert System™, Brake Assist, and much more.
- Starting at $22,040 MSRP
- 2.0L EcoBoost® Ti-VCT I-4 engine with 166 horsepower / 149 lb ft of torque
- SYNC® Enhanced Voice Recognition Communications and Entertainment System
- Standard FordPass Connect™ with Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Available BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
- Optional B&O™ Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with 10 Speakers
- Available 8-inch color LCD touchscreen
Kelley Blue Book 5-Year Cost to Own Award
It’s certainly no secret that the Toyota Corolla has remained the perennial favorite among compact sedans for decades. Now bolder and more expressive than ever before, the sharp exterior appearance of the Corolla helps you make a memorable first impression. Drivers have the ability to choose from an economical 1.8-Liter 4-Cylinder Engine with 139 horsepower or an exhilarating 2.0-Liter 4-Cylinder Engine with 169 horsepower. Inside the cabin, you’ll have access to an array of cutting-edge tech features such as Android Auto™, Apple CarPlay®, and Amazon Alexa integration. With available Wi-Fi Connect, you can turn the vehicle into a hotspot virtually anywhere you go with support for up to 5 devices. Personalize your comfort with optional heated and ventilated leather-trimmed front seats. Giving you a helping hand when you need it the most, every Corolla comes equipped with Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 (TSS-2.0) — a groundbreaking collection of driver-assistive safety features. With such a compelling list of standard features and proven long-term value, it’s no surprise that the team of experts at Kelley Blue Book have awarded the Toyota Corolla with their 5-Year Cost to Own Award.
- Starting at $20,175 MSRP
- Standard 1.8L 4-cylinder engine with 139 horsepower or available 2.0L 4-cylinder Dynamic Force Engine with 169 horsepower
- Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 (TSS 2.0)
- LED headlights, taillights, and Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™, and Amazon Alexa compatibility
- Available Smart Key System on front doors and trunk with Push Button Start